Friday, July 24, 2020

Poetic Vision: Day 24

Today's affirmation word is HEALING. The body is a self-healing organism, as it has the ability to heal itself, even at times without drugs and surgery. But what about your mind and spirit? Just as certain foods help in the healing process of our bodies, so do our thoughts aid in the healing of our mind and spirit. It will not be immediate, just as the body doesn't heal overnight, neither will psychological wounds heal.  Unlike physical healing, which requires rest, emotional healing requires work not just time. The super hero inside me says I'm up for it and thus today I affirm HEALING.


I recently went through some psychological trauma and betrayal at the hands of someone in a position of power, a minister in fact. It was not some isolated incident either. It was ongoing and there is potential for future abuse of her power, which will have severe long-lasting effects. My ability to trust and connect with others has been effected and I have withdrawn from many in my spiritual home. I have felt shock, disbelief, confusion, anger, and sadness. It has effected my physical health also. I'm experiencing insomnia, fatigue, and muscle tension to say the least. However, I WILL heal. I affirm this...and so it is!


1 comment:

  1. Thinking of you and sending love. I share your feelings written here. I feel so betrayed, shocked and deeply hurt. Why? For what purpose? And they're still lying .

    ReplyDelete