Sunday, July 12, 2020

Poetic Vision: Day 12

I continue to BELIEVE in the best of humanity, for there is an interconnectedness and oneness of all things. We are psychologically, emotionally, mentally, relationally and spiritually hard-wired for oneness, connection, love, and belonging. We feel the need to belong, to connect, and be loved. 
We want it and we need it.


We need to see that those in our lives feel seen, heard, and valued. I acknowledge that relationships can be hard. People will sometimes say the wrong thing, and people may "mess" up. I once heard it said, "Relationships do not grow by being perfect. They grow by loving people through our imperfections." People aren't looking for perfect people to be friends with. People are looking for honest and vulnerable people that they can share life with. People who see you completely, get you completely, accept you completely, and love you completely. Some of you are thinking is this truly possible, and more importantly is it possible for me? It is. Just affirm that you BELIEVE it.


Leaves dance around
as my soul settles
into a rhythm of peace.

The gentle breeze
moves tree branches
and my heart opens.

As the grass grows
and soaks up the
sunshine, so do I.

Butterflies flutter
around with the joy
of an amazing day.

Curtains sway in
a quiet motion
like a meditation.

As my feet touch the
earth below, I know
everything is one.

No comments:

Post a Comment